OKPCA stands for Orlando Korean Presbyterian Church in America. We are a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), an assembly of 1,600 reformed churches nationwide.
Our purpose is to establish a multi-ethnic church that preaches the true gospel that brings true salvation, healing, & restoration among multi-cultural individuals and families, and to raise genuine followers of Christ.
The PCA is committed to historic Biblical Christianity affirmed in statements of faith, such as the Westminster Confession of Faith, Nicene Creed, and the Apostle’s Creed, which are anchored in the reformed doctrines of grace: “by Scripture alone,” “by faith alone,” “by grace alone,” “by Christ alone,” and “to the Glory of God alone.”
OKPCA is blessed to be a church that plants churches. In the past few years, OKPCA has expanded its ministry (now Open Kingdom PCA) and planted Tampa OKPCA and Melbourne OKPCA. Now, with a vision for college students, we are setting to plant Gainesville OKPCA.
WHY GAINESVILLE OKPCA?
God has given us a longing for the desperate spiritual needs in and near University of Florida to be met:
- UF has the 8th largest student enrollment in the nation.
- Of the entire population of Gainesville, 45% are students.
- About 20% of the student body are Asian/Asian-American students (about 10,000 students).
- Only 4% of 10,000 Asian/Asian-American students are members of a church (about 400).
- Most of the student church attendees in Gainesville are not exposed to reformed theology.
1) To establish a multi-ethnic PCA campus church which can lead college and graduate school students with a reformed faith, to expand the Kingdom of Christ and his ministry of preaching the Word for salvation, restoration, renewal, and healing.
2) To equip God’s people as faithful disciples of Christ, to discover, witness, and enjoy the power of the gospel in everyday life.
3) To train college and graduate school students with the Word of God to effectively carry out the Great Commission.